Ugh, yup. I’m writing about this. There are so many people out there who want to help you “prepare for the end times,” and they don’t have the slightest clue. Buy gold! Buy non-perishable food! Read my book for secret Revelation interpretation! Look here…look there…look ANYWHERE BUT JESUS!!
I cannot say with all certainty that we are approaching the great tribulation. I cannot say with all certainty that we are not either. In any case, we only have one life to live and we all should be preparing for entering the kingdom to come. Whatever time we live in will be full of troubles, so regardless we should always be living as if the end-times are upon us.
If you read KindlingTruth, then you know to some degree already what I’m going to say: keep your focus on Jesus Christ alone! But, how do we do that? How do we really prepare for the time of great tribulation or general hardships throughout our lives?
Some might say, “Jesus will take us out of this world before the tribulation, so why worry about it at all?” Well, whether you are among those who believe in a pre-trib rapture or not, we all endure tribulation in one way or another, and we all want to make sure we are among the “wise virgins” who have their lamps filled at the return of Christ. In that, there are some things I can point you toward.
I’m going to start a new series of articles (in companion to the Faith VS Fear and the Duality of God series I need to complete). Some of the things I plan to write about include:
- The parable of the sower in the field / enduring hard times without withering away.
- Love covers a multitude of sin! But, love does not mean all things are acceptable before God.
- Why we need to start exercising ourselves in truth now and seek the Holy Spirit.
- Being spiritually minded in warring for the Lord, Jesus Christ. “Be not overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good.”
- Humility is paramount. Resist anyone who comes in the name of Jesus speaking flattery, vanities, and prideful notions about man receiving power, eternal life, or enlightenment though means that are not Jesus alone.
- Know the order of things. Jesus will return after the anti-christ, but we should also be on the lookout for possible fake “two witnesses, “two beasts” etc. There are already such fakes among teachings of some of these “contrarian teachers/ministers of righteousness” I’ve written about.
- Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.
- Make your calling/election sure: add to your faith!
- Fellowship with believers and strengthen one another in the things of God.
If you come across an “end-times” teaching you have questions about or have a topic related to this you’d like me to write about, feel free to email me. I will do my best to provide a sufficient answer, Lord Jesus willing.