Christian Article Series’
Here are article series in which I discuss some Christian topics that were important to me during my walk in the faith. Some are in progress. Some have what I call prologue or home articles. You will find those linked within the description.
2. Building Upon The Living Rock: This is an attempt at taking a comprehensive look at fundamental Christian truths. This isn’t organized as well as I’d like. Once the entire “first draft” is complete I plan to revisit this series to hopefully purge misconceptions. This is a learning process. Once revised, if I’m ever satisfied with it I plan to publish this series in downloadable format.
Part 2: Jesus Promises Perfection
- The Nature of Hell (Part 1) – Hell Lost in Translation
- The Nature of Hell (Part 2) — Does God Subject People to Never-Ending Torture?
- The Nature of Hell (Part 3) — The Lake of Fire and The Second Death
- The Nature of Hell (Part 4) — The Teachings of Jesus on Hell
Part 5: The Nature of the Kingdom of God
- The Nature of Heaven (Part 1) — The Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven
- The Nature of Heaven (Part 2) — Do We Go to Heaven When we Die?
- The Nature of Heaven (Part 3) — The Kingdom of God to Come
- The Nature of Heaven (Part 4) — Parables of the Kingdom of God
Part 6: The First and Second Resurrection
Part 7: The Nature of the Holy Spirit
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Receiving the Holy Spirit
- Walking with the Holy Spirit
3. Faith vs Fear and the Duality of God: What does it mean, “fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom?”
Part 2: More on Fear of the Lord
4. The Severity of Sin and the Mercy of Jesus: We know that Jesus came as the solution to sin. Do we understand what this really means for our lives?
Part 1: The Wages of Sin is Still Death
Part 4: Can We Lose Our Salvation?
5. Minuscule Faith Moves Mountains: Our salvation hinges on faith, and yet, I wonder how much we truly understand what a “faith-based” life really means. What change might we experience if we really took hold of our faith? I want to spend some time considering faith:
- Minuscule Faith Moves Mountains (Complete Series)
- Understanding Saved by Grace Through Faith
- The Precious Fruits of Faith
- Avoiding the Legalistic Faith Trap
- Faith as a Mustard Seed Moves Mountains
- Continuing in The Faith
Additional works on grace:
6. Acceptable Worship: When we worship Jesus, whether through singing, ministry, or doing good deeds, are we really doing what pleases God, or are we pleasing ourselves?
- Worship in Spirit and Truth?
- Acceptable Sacrifices for Christians
- Shinning a Light or Sounding a Trumpet?
- The Importance of Trust and Thanksgiving
7. Preparing for “End-Times”: What do we really need to know about preparing for the last days or general times of trouble throughout our lives?
- Seeking First the Kingdom of God
- Exercising in Faith
- Exercising in Truth
- Exercising in Righteous Judgment
- Exercising in Humility
- Overcoming Evil with Good (Part 1) What is Evil?
- Overcoming Evil with Good (Part 2) What is Good?
- Overcoming Evil with Good (Part 3) What did Jesus Teach?
- Overcoming Evil with Good (Part 4) How is this Preparation?
- Learning Prophecy Appropriately
- Suffering for His Name’s Sake
- The Importance of Christian Fellowship
8. For Christians Abused by Christians: There’s an epidemic of hate within the Christian community that has led many into the captivity of sin. The focus of these articles/lessons is to reach out to believers and unbelievers who have been abused by people of faith and/or the church in general.
- Have You Been Loved by Christians? Part 1: Judgment
- Have You Been Loved By Christians? Part 2: Mercy
- Have You Been Loved By Christians? Part 3: Faith
- When Abuse Affects Our View of God (Part 1) – Overcoming Effects of Childhood Abuse and Trauma
- When Abuse Affects Our View of God (Part 2) – Abusive Relationships
- When Abuse Affects Our View of God (Part 3) — Abuse Within The Church
- Your Sin is No Worse Than Theirs
- Letter to Those Confused and Cast Out by Churches
- There are Many Good Churches
9. Answering The Accuser: Satan goes by many names, one of which is The Accuser of the Brethren. What does this mean? In what ways does he accuse us? How do we answer to his accusations as Christians? How do we avoid being used by him as one who brings false accusations?
- Part 1: The First Accuser of Mankind
- Part 2: When The Accuser Acts Through Unbelievers
- Part 3: When The Accuser Acts Through Ministers
- Part 4: Accusers of The Brethren
- Part 5: When The Accuser Attacks Us Personally
- Part 6: When The Accuser Makes His Final Stand
10. Letters to Christians, Pastors, Ministers, Prophets, etc pertaining to unacceptable practices and behaviors.
11. Considering the Resurrection : This article series explores the resurrection and how this fundamental Christian teaching affects other doctrines including the rapture, soul sleep, and the gospel itself.
- Considering the Resurrection – Part 1 – Defining the Resurrection (Section 1)
- Considering the Resurrection – Part 1 – Defining the Resurrection (Section 2)
- Considering the Resurrection – Part 2 – The First and Second Resurrection (Section 1)
- Considering the Resurrection – Part 2 – The First and Second Resurrection (Section 2)
- Considering the Resurrection – Part 2 – The First and Second Resurrection (Section 3)
- Considering the Resurrection – Part 3 – Timing of the Resurrection
- Considering the Resurrection – Part 4 – Jesus is the Resurrection
These are articles in which I share my thoughts on chapters within the Bible. Some of the articles within other series look at whole chapters as well, but those are mostly topical. These articles are not topical, just me sharing my thoughts as I read the Bible.
Studying the Book of James
These are recordings of me talking without script about various Christian topics. I’m not a talented speaker, so I hope the Lord will help me improve over time. In any case, doing this helps me grow in the faith and in my ability to discuss important Christian issues effectively.
Misc Article Categories
Once I neared 200 articles, it was no longer reasonable to list all of them. So, this page will serve as a reference point for actual article series’ and Bible studies. To access all articles, go to the Categories/Archives drop down menu. You may also use the Search tool if you’re looking for something in particular.