Big thank you to Julieanne Riddle
About Julieanne at A Girl and Her God
Julieanne is a lovely Christian blogger who I’ve recently had the privilege of becoming acquainted with. I invite you to check out her blog, A Girl and Her God so you can enjoy her encouraging writings as much as I have!
About the Liebster Award
This is the first time I’ve heard of this award, and I was admittedly hesitant to participate at first because it’s very chain-letter-ish. Not my style, usually. Then I thought, why not? This is a great chance to promote some of the blogs I have enjoyed, which is something I’ve been thinking about doing anyway!
According to the website for the Liebster Award, the word Liebster is German for “sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, pleasant, valued, endearing, and welcome.” Are you sure this was meant for my blog, Julieanne? Haha. :p
There are rules for participating in this nomination process. So, for those of you who are in the dark about this as I was, here are the rules (those who I nominate will appreciate the info):
Rules for Liebster Award Nominees
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post, I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For the 2018 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Again this year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and everyone. I visited a few hundred last year!!
I think I have the first two down. Now for Rule 3…
Why I’m Passionate About Blogging
My passion for blogging is centered around my passion for the gospel of Jesus Christ. KindlingTruth is an on-going development with a few different purposes.
As of now, my hopes are to declare the good news of the Kingdom of Heaven while encouraging Christians to pursue the abundant life promised by Jesus and the amazing salvation he brings to our present-day lives. I also want to share my struggles with faith as a showing of Christian triumph through Jesus working in our hearts and freeing us from the snares of this world that would destroy us otherwise.
Blogging helps me stay focused on the things of God, sharpens my understanding, and grows my relationship with Jesus. I also believe that we should freely give what we have received, so it is my pleasure and duty to continue sharing the amazing things I learn as I journey towards the Kingdom of Heaven.
10 Random Facts About Amanda
- I do not like giving random facts about myself 🙂
- I believe that knowing Jesus is more important than knowing Amanda.
- I began seeking the Lord with all sincerity in 2014.
- I’m a dog person. Cats that act like dogs are okay, I guess.
- I like music from all genres (but I was raised a metal head).
- I like that fresh smell outside after it rains.
- I prefer the mountains over the coast.
- Though my profession is in digital marketing, I could not name a single ad currently on TV or radio (I tuned out a few years ago).
- I find the irony in my life amusing.
- My favorite movies are the Lord of the Rings trilogy (stereotypical, I know). I was disappointed in The Hobbit. The 70’s cartoon version was better.
Responses to Julianne’s Questions
Julianne of A Girl and Her God listed some questions on her nomination post. Here are my answers:
*What are three things found in your kitchen or office “junk drawer” that tell your story?
That’s a creative question. Hmm. Let’s explore my kitchen junk drawer:
-Toddler forks show that I’m a mother of small children that are old enough for real utensils, but I’m either too slack or too nostalgic to throw out the baby ones.
-There are a lot of old batteries… what does that signify? Slackness. I’ll go with that one. Why do I keep these? Maybe I hope there’s still some life in these dead things…
– Several screwdrivers, but never the kind or size I need: I’m a “fixer,” but I lack the proper tools oftentimes.
*What is one recipe you know by heart?
I’m a southerner. We don’t use recipes. :p I go with my gut (pun intended)!
*If you had the chance to relive one moment, with the hopes of changing the outcome, would you do it?
I don’t know. There are a lot of things I would do different, but I believe that God is in control of everything and all things are working together for His purposes. So, would I want to change God’s will? I’d like to say no. Even when I think about mistakes, I can see lessons learned and good that came from them, so, though hard, I do not think I’d change a thing. God is wise. I’m not.
*What organization would you want to donate a life-changing amount of money to?
Hmm. I’m always skeptical of donating to organizations because they often misuse the money. I’d rather donate to a friend or family member in need or support ministries I believe in. Sorry, I’m probably not giving the kinds of answers you want.
*What is a piece of advice you received as a child from a parent/grandparent/mentor that you have already passed on to someone else?
It’s better to state what is true than to fight every wrong.
*What celebrity would you like to read and comment on your blog?
Does Jesus count? Maybe the first apostles? I don’t keep up with Hollywood.
*What is the meaning of life in ten words or less?
“To be conformed to the image of the Son.” (Romans 8:29).
I don’t see that it is required to ask questions for the 2018 nomination, so I’ll spare you my nominees from them, though I enjoyed answering Julieanne’s. You’re free to use those questions if you’d like!
I don’t read very many blogs here at WordPress. I would like to, if I had more time. Here are my favorites (in no certain order) that could use a little boost. I don’t know how many of these would be considered “new.” Anyhow, here goes:
- New Hope for Dry Bones: A place for encouragement when hope is lost.
- Pastor Unlikely: Being Conformed to the image of Jesus.
- Biblical Beginnings: Christian, wife, mom, homeschooler, traveller
- Joseph’s Daily Walk With Jesus: A closer walk with our beloved friend.
- Knothole Theology: Views of God Through Knotholes
- Graham’s Space: … pondering on God’s take on life and well being!
- Faithnyawirablog: Be Happy for This Moment.This Moment is your Life